打印 上一主题 下一主题

[英语] 英汉对照美文!!!

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 28.3.2010 18:41:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 零下68度 于 28.3.2010 18:43 编辑

积极看待每一天

If your life feels like it is lacking the power that you want and the motivation that you need, sometimes all you have to do is shift your point of view.

如果你觉得心有余力不足,觉得缺乏前进的动力,有时候你只需要改变思维的角度。

By training your thoughts to concentrate on the bright side of things, you are more likely to have the incentive to follow through on your goals. You are less likely to be held back by negative ideas that might limit your performance.

试着训练自己的思想朝好的一面看,这样你就会汲取实现目标的动力,而不会因为消极沉沦停滞不前。

Your life can be enhanced, and your happiness enriched, when you choose to change your perspective. Don't leave your future to chance, or wait for things to get better mysteriously on their own. You must go in the direction of your hopes and aspirations. Begin to build your confidence, and work through problems rather than avoid them. Remember that power is not necessarily control over situations, but the ability to deal with whatever comes your way.

一旦变换看问题的角度,你的生活会豁然开朗,幸福快乐会接踵而来。别交出掌握命运的主动权,也别指望局面会不可思议的好转。你必须与内心希望与热情步调一致。建立自信,敢于与困难短兵相接,而非绕道而行。记住,力量不是驾驭局势的法宝,无坚不摧的能力才是最重要的。

Always believe that good things are possible, and remember that mistakes can be lessons that lead to discoveries. Take your fear and transform it into trust; learn to rise above anxiety and doubt. Turn your "worry hours" into "productive hours". Take the energy that you have wasted and direct it toward every worthwhile effort that you can be involved in. You will see beautiful things happen when you allow yourself to experience the joys of life. You will find happiness when you addopt positive thinking into your daily routine and make it an important part of your world.

请坚信,美好的降临并非不可能,失误也许是成功的前奏。将惶恐化作信任,学会超越担忧和疑虑。让“诚惶诚恐”的时光变得“富有成效”。不要挥霍浪费精力,将它投到有意义的事情中去。当你下意识品尝生命的欢愉时,美好就会出现。当你积极地看待生活,并以此作为你的日常准则时,你就会找到快乐的真谛。
2#
 楼主| 发表于 28.3.2010 18:42:48 | 只看该作者
爱是幸福生活的关键所在

As we all know, love is the crux of a happy life.
众所周知,爱是幸福生活的关键所在。

Love helps us stay calm and serene even when things are tough.
爱帮助我们在时事艰难的时候保持沉着,平静的心态。

It can carry us through the hard times.
它能帮我们度过苦难的时光。

Love looks for ways to be of service.
爱会自己寻找助人的途径。

Love is enjoying the surprises of life,
爱是享受生命中的诸多惊喜,

and being totally delighted with what life gives you.
爱是完全满足于生活的给予。

Love is the key to happiness
爱是幸福生活的钥匙,

and it is a real blessing to others.  
爱是对他人真挚的祝福。

People who love make the world a kind and gentle place and other people feel safe around them.
心中有爱的人让世界充满仁慈和儒雅之风,让周围的人感到安全。

They appreciate differences instead of making them a cause for prejudice or fighting.  
他们求同存异,而不是把分歧作为成见或者争执的理由。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 28.3.2010 18:44:27 | 只看该作者
给爱子的信

一位伟大而又平凡的父亲,一封情真意切的信。父亲的忠告,送给他三岁大的爱子,同时也启示所有人:人生是一段美妙的旅程,虽然会有阴雨,重要的是学会爱,学会享受生活,从而快乐一生。

亲爱的塞斯,

Dear Seth,

[1] 你现在仅仅3岁,此刻你还不识字,更不用说让你去理解我接下来想在这封信里对你所说的话了。但是我已经苦思冥想了好久,关于你即将面临的人生以及我的生活,我反思我所学会的;思考一个父亲的职责,力图让你为未来岁月中即将面临的困难做好充分准备。

You’re only three years old, and at this point in your life you can't read, much less understand what I’m going to try to tell you in this letter. But I've been thinking a lot about the life that you have ahead of you, about my life so far as I reflect on what I've learned, and about my role as a dad in trying to prepare you for the trials that you will face in the coming years.

[2] 你今天并不能理解这封信的含义,但是某一天,当时机成熟,我希望你能在我与你分享的内容当中找寻到些许的智慧和价值。

You won't be able to understand this letter today, but someday, when you're ready, I hope you will find some wisdom and value in what I share with you.

[3] 你还很年轻,生命还尚未开始摧残你,没有在你的人生道路上布置失望,伤心,孤独,挣扎和苦痛。你还没有被漫长的乏味工作,被日常生活的打击搞得筋疲力尽。

You are young, and life has yet to take its toll on you, to throw disappointments and heartaches and loneliness and struggles and pain into your path. You have not been worn down yet by long hours of thankless work, by the slings and arrows of everyday life.

[4] 因此,谢天谢地吧。你正处在人生一个美妙的阶段。还有很多美妙的阶段会来到你面前,但是都不是唾手可得的,你都得付出代价,经历风险。

For this, be thankful. You are at a wonderful stage of life. You have many wonderful stages of life still to come, but they are not without their costs and perils.

[5] 我希望通过分享一些我所学到的最好的道理能帮助你走好人生路。至于任何建议,且把它当作佐料,因为适合我的并不一定适用于你。

I hope to help you along your path by sharing some of the best of what I've learned. As with any advice, take it with a grain of salt. What works for me might not work for you.

生活会很残酷
Life Can Be Cruel

[6] 你的生活中一定会有并不友好的人。他们耻笑你因为你不同,而在没有更好的理由。他们可能会欺负你或者伤害你。

There will be people in your life who won't be very nice. They'll tease you because you're different, or for no good reason. They might try to bully you or hurt you.

[7] 对这种人你除了学会和其接触无计可施,同时你也要学会择友,选择那些对你友善的,那些真正关心你的,那些令你对自己感到很好的人做朋友。当你寻找到像这样的朋友,就一定要坚守这份友谊,珍惜他们,花些时间和他们在一起,友善的对待他们并爱他们。

There's not much you can do about these people except to learn to deal with them, and learn to choose friends who are kind to you, who actually care about you, who make you feel good about yourself. When you find friends like this, hold on to them, treasure them, spend time with them, be kind to them, love them.

[8] 有时你会遭遇挫折而非成功。生活并不总会如你所愿。这是另一件你需要学会处理的事情。但你要挺住向前,而不是让这些事让你陷入低谷。接受挫败并学会坚持,不畏风险地追求你的梦想。学会把消极转化为积极,之后你就能做的好得多。

There will be times when you are met with disappointment instead of success. Life won't always turn out the way you want. This is just another thing you'll have to learn to deal with. But instead of letting these things get you down, push on. Accept disappointment and learn to persevere, to pursue your dreams despite pitfalls. Learn to turn negatives into positives, and you'll do much better in life.

[9] 你同样会面临心碎时刻以及你深爱的人的抛弃。我希望你无须经历太多此类事件,但如果不幸发生了,再一次,除了慢慢愈合心中的创伤并继续下去你的生活,你别无选择。让这些痛苦成为你通向更美好生活的垫脚石,并学会利用它们让自己更坚强。

You will also face heartbreak and abandonment by those you love. I hope you don't have to face this too much, but it happens. Again, not much you can do but to heal, and to move on with your life. Let these pains become stepping stones to better things in life, and learn to use them to make you stronger.

但无论如何,都要张开双臂拥抱生活
But Be Open to life Anyway

[10] 是的,在你的生命历程中你会遇到残酷,煎熬……但不要让这些让你拒绝接受新鲜事物。不要逃避生活,不要躲藏,抑或封闭自己。拥抱新鲜事物,经历全新体验,接触新的人。

Yes, you'll find cruelty and suffering in your journey through life … but don't let that close you to new things. Don't retreat from life, don't hide or wall yourself off. Be open to new things, new experiences, new people.

[11] 你或许心碎了10次,但是在第十一次找到至爱。如果你把自己关在爱的门外,你就会错过这个女子,和你生命中最快乐的时光。

You might get your heart broken 10 times, but find the most wonderful woman the 11th time. If you shut yourself off from love, you'll miss out on that woman, and the happiest times of your life.

[12] 你可能会被你遇到的人耻笑欺负伤害…而在见了一打这种稀奇古怪的人后,你会找到一个真正的朋友。如果你拒绝接触新人群,并不向他们敞开心扉,你会避免受伤……但是同时也失去了认识这些不可思议的人的机会,他们会在你生命最困难的时刻陪伴着你,并带给你人生当中最美好的时光。

You might get teased and bullied and hurt by people you meet … and then after meeting dozens of jerks, find a true friend. If you close yourself off to new people, and don't open your heart to them, you'll avoid pain … but also lose out on meeting some incredible people, who will be there during the toughest times of your life and create some of the best times of your life.

[13] 你会失败多次但是如果你让失败打到了你,不再努力,你就会错过那种当你达到成就新高度的难以言喻的成就感。失败是成功之母。

You will fail many times but if you allow that to stop you from trying, you will miss out on the amazing feeling of success once you reach new heights with your accomplishments. Failure is a stepping stone to success.

生命不是一场竞赛
Life Isn't a Competition

[14] 你会遇到一些人他们总是试图超过你,在中学,大学,在工作中。他们想要拥有更好的车,更大的房子,更好的衣物,更酷的小玩意。对他们来说,生命就是一场竞赛---他们不得不比同辈做得更好来让自己感到快乐。

You will meet many people who will try to outdo you, in school, in college, at work. They'll try to have nicer cars, bigger houses, nicer clothes, cooler gadgets. To them, life is a competition — they have to do better than their peers to be happy.

[15] 这里有一个秘诀:生命并不是一场竞赛。而是一段旅程。如果你在途中一直都试图给他人留下深刻印象,超过别人,那你就浪费了这段旅程。与之相反,学会享受它,让之成为快乐之旅,永恒的学习之旅,持久的进步之旅以及爱之旅。

Here's a secret: Life isn't a competition. It's a journey. If you spend that journey always trying to impress others, to outdo others, you’re wasting your journey. Instead, learn to enjoy the journey. Make it a journey of Happiness, of constant learning, of continual improvement, of love.

[16] 不要为拥有一辆更好的车或一所更好的房子或者任何物质的东西,即便是一份薪水更高的工作操心。这些根本无足轻重,也不会使你快乐。你可能在拥有了这些之后只是想要更多的。与之相反,学会满足你已经拥有的---然后学会利用你原本想要浪费在为挣钱买这些东西的时间去做你真正热爱的事。

Don't worry about having a nicer car or house or anything material, or even a better-paying job. None of that matters a whit, and none of it will make you happier. You'll acquire these things and then only want more. Instead, learn to be satisfied with having enough — and then use the time you would have wasted trying to earn money to buy those things … use that time doing things you love.

[17] 找到你的激情,坚持不懈地追求它。别让自己被一个还债的的工作所累。生命太短暂了,更不可将之浪费在你所厌恶的工作上。

Find your passion, and pursue it doggedly. Don't settle for a job that pays the bills. Life is too short to waste on a job you hate.

爱应该成为你的生活准则
Love Should Be Your Rule

[18] 如果让一个词成为你的生活支撑的话,那它应该是爱。也许这听来已是老生常谈,我也清楚… 但是请信任我,再没有更好的生活准则了。

If there's a single word you should live your life by, it should be this: Love. It might sound corny, I know … but trust me, there's no better rule in life.

[19] 一些人以成功作为生活准则。他们的生活会很紧张,不开心并且很浅薄。

Some would live by the rule of success. Their lives will be stressful, unhappy and shallow.

[20] 另一些人的生活准则是个人利益---他们将个人需要置于他人需要之上。他们孤独一生,终究也不会快乐。

Others would live by the rule of selfishness — putting their needs above those of others. They will live lonely lives, and will also be unhappy.

[21] 还有一些人他们为正义而生---努力展示其道路的正确性,并试图劝服任何一个不以正义为生活准则的人。他们关心他人,却以一种消极的方式,最终怀抱追寻一生的正义而终,而正却是一个糟糕的伴侣。

Still others will live by the rule of righteousness — trying to show the right path, and admonishing anyone who doesn't live by that path. They are concerned with others, but in a negative way, and in the end will only have their own righteousness to live with, and that's a horrible companion.

[22] 用爱支撑你的生命。爱你的妻子,你的孩子,你的父母亲,你的朋友,全心全意地去爱。给与他们你所需要的,不要流露出任何残忍,不赞同,冷漠或者失望,只有爱。向他们敞开灵魂。

Live your life by the rule of love. Love your spouse, your children, your parents, your friends, with all of your heart. Give to them what they need, and show them not cruelty nor disapproval nor coldness nor disappointment, but only love. Open your soul to them.

[23] 不仅仅爱你深爱的人,也要爱你的邻居...你的同事…甚至陌生人…他们是你广义上的兄弟姐妹。给你遇到的任何一个人一个微笑,一句善语。一个友好的姿势,一只援助之手。

Love not only your loved ones, but your neighbors … your coworkers … strangers … your brothers and sisters in humanity. Offer anyone you meet a smile, a kind word, a kind gesture, a helping hand.

[24] 不仅仅爱邻居和陌生人…也要爱你的敌人。对你最残酷的人,对曾经对你不善的人…爱他。他是一个备受折磨的灵魂,最需要你的爱。

Love not only neighbors and strangers … but your enemy. The person who is cruelest to you, who has been unkind to you … love him. He is a tortured soul, and most in need of your love.

[25] 最重要的是爱你自己。当别人批评你时,学着不要强加自己,去认为自己丑,笨或者不值得去爱…而要想着自己是一个很完美的人,值得拥有幸福和真爱…并学会爱现在的自己。

And most of all, love yourself. While others may criticize you, learn not to be so hard on yourself, to think that you’re ugly or dumb or unworthy of love … but to think instead that you are a wonderful human being, worthy of Happiness and love … and learn to love yourself for who you are.

[26] 最后,要知道我爱你并且永远都会,你即将开启一段有点奇怪,令人害怕,令人心悸但最终很不可思议的巧妙旅程,我永远会支持你。祝万事如意。

Finally, know that I love you and always will. You are starting out on a weird, scary, daunting, but ultimately incredibly wonderful journey, and I will be there for you when I can. Godspeed.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 28.3.2010 18:45:50 | 只看该作者
Going Home 回家

I first heard this story a few years ago from a girl I had met in New York's Greenwich Village. Probably the story is one of those mysterious bits of folklore that reappear every few years, to be told a new in one form or another. However, I still like to think that it really did happen, somewhere, sometime.

几年前我在纽约的格林尼治村从一位遇到的姑娘那儿第一次听到这个故事。它也许是那种隔几年就会改头换面地被重新传播一次的神奇的民间传说。然而我仍然愿意想象它是个某地某时真正发生过的事。

They were going to Fort Lauderdalethree boys and three girls and when they boarded the bus, they were carrying sandwiches and wine in paper bags, dreaming of golden beaches as the gray cold of New York vanished behind them.

三个男孩和三个女孩带着纸袋装的三明治与葡萄酒,登车前往佛罗里达的劳德达拉要塞。他们向往着金色的海滩,将灰蒙蒙的寒冷的纽约甩在了身后。

As the bus passed through New Jersey, they began to notice Vingo. He sat in front of them, dressed in a plain, ill-fitting suit, never moving, his dusty face masking his age. He kept chewing the inside of his lip a lot, frozen into some personal cocoon of silence.

当他们穿过新泽西州时,坐在前排的一个叫温格的男人引起他们的注意。他穿着一套不起眼亦很不合身的衣服,一动不动,满脸灰尘掩盖了他的年龄,他不停地咬着下嘴唇,陷入沉思中。

Deep into the night, outside Washington, the bus pulled into Howard Johnson's, and everybody got off except Vingo. He sat rooted in his seat, and the young people began to wonder about him, trying to imagine his life: perhaps he was a sea captain, a runaway from his wife, an old soldier going home. When they went back to the bus, one of the girls sat beside him and introduced herself.

夜深了,汽车停在华盛顿郊外的霍华德约翰逊连锁餐馆,除了温格,其他人都下了车,他仍一丝不动地坐在那里。他引起这班年轻人的猜想:也许他是个船长,也许是从家出走的,或者是一个归家的老兵。当他们又回到车上时,他们中的一个女孩坐到温格的身边,并向他作了自我介绍。

“We're going to Florida,” she said brightly.“ I hear it's really beautiful.”

“我们都是去佛罗里达的,”那个女孩轻快地说。“我听说那里很美。”

“It is, ” he said quietly, as if remembering something he had tried to forget.

“是的,”他静静地回答道,他似乎记起了过去曾试图忘却的往事。

“Want some wine?” she said. He smiled and took a swig. He thanked her and retreated again into his silence. After a while, she went back to the others, and Vingo nodded in sleep.

“来点葡萄酒吧?”那个女孩说。他微笑着喝了一大口,说声谢谢后又回到他的沉默中。后来她回到那班人中,温格则低着头睡着了。

In the morning, they awoke outside another Howard Johnson's,and this time Vingo went in. The girl insisted that he join them. He seemed very shy, and ordered black coffee and smoked nervously as the young people chattered about sleeping on beaches. When they returned to the bus, the girl sat with Vingo again, and after a while, slowly and painfully, he told his story. He had been in jail in New York for the past four years, and now he was going home.

早上,他们醒来时汽车停在另一个约翰逊连锁餐馆前,这回温格也进去了。那个女孩极力邀请他参加他们的团体。但他看起来很腼腆,当那班年轻人谈论着在海滨该怎么过夜时,他则独自一人呆在一边喝黑咖啡,还不停地抽烟,显得有些局促不安。当他们回到车上时,那个女孩又坐到他身边,过了一会儿,温格才缓慢而且痛楚地诉说起他的经历。他在纽约的监狱里呆了四年,现在他假释回家了。

“Are you married?”

“你结婚了吗?”

“I don't know.”

“我不知道。”

“You don't know?” she said.

“你不知道?”那女孩很奇怪。

“Well, when I was in jail I wrote to my wife,” he said. “ I told her that I was going to be away a long time, and that if she couldn't stand it, if the kids kept asking questions, if it hurt too much, well, she could just forget me, I'd understand. Get a new guy, I saidshe‘s a wonderful woman,really somethingand forget about me. I told her she didn't have to write me for nothing. And she didn‘t. Not for three and a half years.”

“是这样,我在狱中时曾给我妻子写过一封信”他说,“告诉她我要离开很长一段时间,如果她忍受不了,如果孩子不断追问,如果这使她非常痛苦,那么她可以忘了我,我会理解的。我叫她重新嫁人,我知道她是个很不错的女人,真的不一般。我让她忘了我,我让她别给我写回信,因为这没有用,她也真没回信,我已有三年半没有她的音信了。”

“And you're going home now, not knowing?”

“那么你就这样盲目地回家去?”

“Yeah,” he said shyly. “ Well, last week, when I was sure the parole was coming through, I wrote her again. We used to live in Brunswick, just before Jacksonville, and there's a big oak tree just as you come into town. I told her that if she'd take me back, she should put a yellow handkerchief on the tree, and I'd get off and come home. If she didn't want me, forget itno handkerchief, and I'd go on through.”

“也不是,”他略带腼腆地说:“上周当我确知假释得到批准时,我又给她写过一封信。过去我们住在布伦斯威克,就在杰克逊维尔前面,在进城去的路上有一棵高大的橡树。我告诉她,如果她愿意我回来就在树上挂一方黄手帕,我就下车回家。如果她不要我就忘掉这件事,看不见手帕,我也就不下车了。”

“Wow,” the girl exclaimed. “Wow.”

“噢,是吗?”那个女孩惊讶极了。

She told the others, and soon all of them were in it, caught up in the approach of Brunswick, looking at the pictures Vingo showed them of his wife and three children. The woman was handsome in a plain way, the children still unformed in the much-handled snapshots.

她把这事告诉了同伴们,于是他们都盼着快点到伦斯威克。温格又给他们看了一张他妻子与三个孩子的照片。这是一张被摸旧了的照片:一个面容端庄的妇女与三个年岁还小的孩子。

Now they were 20 miles from Brunswick, and the young people took over window seats on the right side, waiting for the approach of the great oak tree. The bus acquired a dark, hushed mood, full of the silence of absence and lost years. Vingo stopped looking, tightening his face into the ex-con's mask, as if fortifying himself against still another disappointment.

现在他们离布伦斯威克只有20英里了,那班年轻人占据了车右边靠窗的座位,等待着那棵橡树的出现。汽车里一片阴暗和肃静。充满着所失去的岁月的沉重的气氛。温格则低下头,一副囚犯们所特有的绷紧的面容,不敢往外看,好象是防备着又一次失望的打击。

Then Brunswick was ten miles, and then five. Then,suddenly, all of the young people were up out of their seats, screaming and shouting and crying, doing small dances of joy. All except Vingo.

离布伦斯威克只有十英里了,五英里了,突然,那班年轻人全都叫着从座位上跳了起来,高兴得手舞足蹈,只有温格例外。

Vingo sat there stunned, looking at the oak tree. It was covered with yellow handkerchiefs20 of them, 30 of them, maybe hundreds, a tree that stood like a banner of welcome billowing in the wind. As the young people shouted, the old con rose and made his way to the front of the bus to go home.

温格目瞪口呆地坐在那儿,望着窗外的橡树,那上面挂满了黄手帕。20块,30块,也许有好几百块,这棵树站在那儿,就象一面欢迎的大旗,在风中飘扬。在年轻人的叫喊声中,那个往日的囚徒站起来,走到车门前,然后向家走去。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 28.3.2010 18:51:16 | 只看该作者
1) I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
我爱你,不是因为你是一个怎样的人,而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。

2) No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.
没有人值得你流泪,值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。

3) The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。   

4) Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
纵然伤心,也不要愁眉不展,因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。

5) To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界。

6) Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。

7) Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。

8) Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。

9) Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别的人;在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。

10) Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
 楼主| 发表于 4.4.2010 00:05:35 | 只看该作者
Relish the Moment-品味现在

Tucked away in our subconsciousness is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are travelling by train. Out the windows, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving on a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.
  But the uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we reach there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will be fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes loitering, waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.
  "When we reach the station, that will be it", we cry. "When I'm 18", "When I buy a new 450SL Mercedes Benz", "When I put my last kid through collage", "When I have paid off the mortgage", "When I get a promotion", "When I reach the age of the retirement, I shall live happily ever after."
  Sooner or later, we must realize that there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.
  "Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled withe the Psalm 118:24:"This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tommorrow. Reget and fear are twin thieves who rob us of today.
  So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more icecreams, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more and cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. Then the station will come soon enough.       
  我们的潜意识里藏着一派田园诗般的风光!我们仿佛身处一次横贯大陆的漫漫旅程之中!乘着火车,我们领略着窗外流动的景色:附近高速公路上奔驰的汽车、十字路口处招手的孩童、远山上吃草的牛群、源源不断地从电厂排放出的烟尘、一片片的玉米和小麦、平原与山谷、群山与绵延的丘陵、天空映衬下城市的轮廓,以及乡间的庄园宅第!

然而我们心里想得最多的却是最终的目的地!在某一天的某一时刻,我们将会抵达进站!迎接我们的将是乐队和飘舞的彩旗!一旦到了那儿,多少美梦将成为现实,我们的生活也将变得完整,如同一块理好了的拼图!可是我们现在在过道里不耐烦地踱来踱去,咒骂火车的拖拖拉拉!我们期待着,期待着,期待着火车进站的那一刻!

"当我们到站的时候,一切就都好了!"我们呼喊着!"当我18岁的时候!""当我有了一辆新450SL奔驰的时候!""当我供最小的孩子念完大学的时候!""当我偿清贷款的时候!""当我官升高任的时候!""当我到了退休的时候,就可以从此过上幸福的生活啦!"

可是我们终究会认识到人生的旅途中并没有车站,也没有能够"一到永逸"的地方!生活的真正乐趣在于旅行的过程,而车站不过是个梦,它始终遥遥领先于我们!

真正令人发疯的不是今日的负担,而是对昨日的悔恨及对明日的恐惧!悔恨与恐惧是一对孪生窃贼,将今天从你我身边偷走!

那么就不要在过道里徘徊吧,别老惦记着你离车站还有多远!何不换一种活法,将更多的高山攀爬,多吃点儿冰淇淋甜甜嘴巴,经常光着脚板儿溜达,在更多的河流里畅游,多看看夕阳西下,多点欢笑哈哈,少让泪水滴答!生活得一边过一边瞧!车站就会很快到达!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
 楼主| 发表于 4.4.2010 00:06:39 | 只看该作者
Eyes can speak-眼睛会说话

Much meaning can be conveyed, clearly, with our eyes, so it is often said that eyes can speak.

Do you have such kind of experience? In a bus you may look at stranger, but not too long. And if he is sensing that he is being stared at, he may feel uncomfortable.

The same in daily life. If you are looked at for more than necessary, you will look at yourself up and down, to see if there is anything wrong with you. If nothing goes wrong, you will feel angry toward other’s stare with you that way. Eyes do speak, right?

Looking too long at someone may seem to be rude and aggressive. But things are different when it comes to stare at the opposite sex. If a man glances at a woman for more than 10 seconds and refuses to avert his gaze, his intentions are obvious, that is, he wishes to attract her attention, to make her understand that he is admiring her.

However, the normal eye contact for two people engaged in conversation is that the speaker will only look at the listener from time to time, in order to make sure that the listener does pay attention to what the former is speaking, to tell him that he is attentive.

If a speaker looks at you continuously when speaking, as if he tries to dominate you, you will feel disconcerted. A poor liar usually exposes himself by looking too long at the victim, since he believes in the false idea that to look straight in the eye is a sign of honest communication. Quite the contrary.

In fact, continuous eye contact is confined to lovers only, who will enjoy looking at each other tenderly for a long time, to show affection that words cannot express.

Evidently, eye contact should be done according to the relationship between two people and the specific situation.       
我们的眼睛能准确地传达一些信息,所以人们常说,眼睛会说话。

你有过类似的体验吗?在公共汽车上,你可能会看着一个陌生人,但时间不会太长。而且,如果他能感觉到有人盯着他,会觉得浑身不自在。

日常生活中亦如此。如果别人一直盯着你看,你就会不由自主地审视自己,看看是不是有什么地方弄错了。如果一切正常,你就会对别人的这种盯梢很气愤。眼睛确实能说话,不是吗?

过久的盯着别人看会给人一种粗鲁和侵犯的感觉。但异性之间的凝视就不同了。如果一个男人盯着一个女人超过10秒钟,还不想挪开视线的话,他的意思就十分明显了,他想引起她的注意,想让她知道他爱慕她。

正常情况下,两人交谈时,目光接触能传达这样的意思:说者偶尔看看听者,以此确认听着是否在认真倾听。而对于听者来说,他会一直看着说话的人,以此告诉他,自己正专心致志的听着。

假如与你说话的那个人直直的盯着你,好像要镇住你似的,你便会感到惶恐不安。一般地,说谎者往往就是看别人的时间过长,而令人起疑。因为他们以为直视别人的眼睛是诚实沟通的表现,结果恰恰相反。

实际上,长时间的相互凝视仅适合情人之间,他们喜欢温柔的对视,用目光来传达言语无法表达的爱意。

显然,目光交流应该根据双方的关系和特定场合来进行。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
 楼主| 发表于 5.4.2010 18:45:57 | 只看该作者
If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. When I was a child, I thought like a child; when I became and adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.       
    就算我能说万人的方言和天使的话语,但如果没有爱,我不过就如鸣锣一般;就算我有预知未来的能力,就算我精通各种知识和奥秘,就算我有坚定的信念,但如果没有爱,我就什么都算不上;就算我拿所有的财物周济穷人,就算我能做出舍己为人的壮举,但如果没有爱,我仍将一无所有。

爱是一种忍耐,爱是一种友善;爱不是嫉妒,不是自大,不是鲁莽,不是固执己见,不是轻易发怒。爱意味着憎恶不义,赞赏真理;爱意味着包容一切,相信一切,对生活充满希望,并能忍受生活中的一切。

爱是永无止境的,但又是有尽头的;就像知识一样,必将归于乌有。我们现在搜掌握的知识很有限,当我们掌握了完整的知识时,有限的知识必将归于乌有。当我还是一个孩子的时候,我像孩子一样说话,像孩子一样思考问题,像孩子一样推理;但我一旦成年,就不再像孩子一样了。现阶段,我们很多时候好像是从镜子里观看事物,对很多事物都看不清,但有朝一日我们会直面这些事物。现阶段,我知道的东西很有限,但有朝一日我会懂得一切。

如今,常存在人们心中的东西有三样:信念、希望和爱,而其中爱是最重要的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
 楼主| 发表于 5.4.2010 18:46:25 | 只看该作者
Joy in living comes from having fine emotions, trusting them, giving them the freedom of a bird in the open. Joy in living can never be assumed as a pose, or put on from the outside as a mask. People who have this joy don not need to talk about it; they radiate it. They just live out their joy and let it splash its sunlight and glow into other lives as naturally as bird sings.

We can never get it by working for it directly. It comes, like happiness, to those who are aiming at something higher. It is a byproduct of great, simple living. The joy of living comes from what we put into living, not from what we seek to get from it.       
  生活之乐趣来源于良好的情绪,信赖这些情绪,并任由它们如同鸟儿高翔于天空般地自由自在。生活的乐趣是无法靠姿态摆出来的,也无法用戴上一张面具来伪装。 拥有这种乐趣的人们无需挂在嘴边,他们自然会焕发出快乐的气息。他们自己生活在快乐当中,也将这样的快乐自然而然地感染着他人,犹如是鸟儿就必将歌唱。

直接追求生活的乐趣却只会使乐趣远离我们,它与幸福一样青睐胸有大志的人们。生活过得高雅、简单便会产生出乐趣。它是我们对生活的投入,而非所求。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
 楼主| 发表于 5.4.2010 18:47:14 | 只看该作者
Time is running out for my friend. While we are sitting at lunch she casually mentions she and her husband are thinking of starting a family. "We're taking a survey,"she says, half-joking. "Do you think I should have a baby?"

"It will change your life," I say, carefully keeping my tone neutral. "I know,"she says, "no more sleeping in on weekends, no more spontaneous holidays..."

But that's not what I mean at all. I look at my friend, trying to decide what to tell her. I want her to know what she will never learn in childbirth classes. I want to tell her that the physical wounds of child bearing will heal, but becoming a mother will leave her with an emotional wound so raw that she will be vulnerable forever.

I consider warning her that she will never again read a newspaper without thinking: "What if that had been MY child?" That every plane crash, every house fire will haunt her. That when she sees pictures of starving children, she will wonder if anything could be worse than watching your child die. I look at her carefully manicured nails and stylish suit and think that no matter how sophisticated she is, becoming a mother will reduce her to the primitive level of a bear protecting her cub.

I feel I should warn her that no matter how many years she has invested in her career, she will be professionally derailed by motherhood. She might arrange for child care, but one day she will be going into an important business meeting, and she will think her baby's sweet smell. She will have to use every ounce of discipline to keep from running home, just to make sure her child is all right.

I want my friend to know that every decision will no longer be routine. That a five-year-old boy's desire to go to the men's room rather than the women's at a restaurant will become a major dilemma. The issues of independence and gender identity will be weighed against the prospect that a child molester may be lurking in the lavatory. However decisive she may be at the office, she will second-guess herself constantly as a mother.

Looking at my attractive friend, I want to assure her that eventually she will shed the added weight of pregnancy, but she will never feel the same about herself. That her own life, now so important, will be of less value to her once she has a child. She would give it up in a moment to save her offspring, but will also begin to hope for more years—not to accomplish her own dreams—but to watch her children accomplish theirs.

I want to describe to my friend the exhilaration of seeing your child learn to hit a ball. I want to capture for her the belly laugh of a baby who is touching the soft fur of a dog for the first time. I want her to taste the joy that is so real it hurts.

My friend's look makes me realize that tears have formed in my eyes. "You'll never regret it," I say finally. Then, squeezing my friend's hand, I offer a prayer for her and me and all of the mere mortal women who stumble their way into this holiest of callings.       
时光任苒,朋友已经老大不小了。我们坐在一起吃饭的时候,她漫不经心地提到她和她的丈夫正考虑要小孩。“我们正在做一项调查,”她半开玩笑地说。“你觉得我应该要个小孩吗?”

“他将改变你的生活。”我小心翼翼地说道,尽量使语气保持客观。“这我知道。”她答道,“周末睡不成懒觉,再也不能随心所欲休假了……”

但我说的绝非这些。我注视着朋友,试图整理一下自己的思绪。我想让她知道她永远不可能在分娩课上学到的东西。我想让她知道:分娩的有形伤疤可以愈合,但是做母亲的情感伤痕却永远如新,她会因此变得十分脆弱。

我想告诫她:做了母亲后,每当她看报纸时就会情不自禁地联想:“如果那件事情发生在我的孩子身上将会怎样啊!”每一次飞机失事、每一场住宅火灾都会让她提心吊胆。看到那些忍饥挨饿的孩子们的照片时,她会思索:世界上还有什么比眼睁睁地看着自己的孩子饿死更惨的事情呢?我打量着她精修细剪的指甲和时尚前卫的衣服,心里想到:不管她打扮多么考究,做了母亲后,她会变得像护崽的母熊那样原始而不修边幅。

我觉得自己应该提醒她,不管她在工作上投入了多少年,一旦做了母亲,工作就会脱离常规。她自然可以安排他人照顾孩子,但说不定哪天她要去参加一个非常重要的商务会议,却忍不住想起宝宝身上散发的甜甜乳香。她不得不拼命克制自己,才不致于为了看看孩子是否安然无羔而中途回家。

我想告诉朋友,有了孩子后,她将再也不能按照惯例做出决定。在餐馆,5岁的儿子想进男厕而不愿进女厕将成为摆在她眼前的一大难题:她将在两个选择之间权衡一番:尊重孩子的独立和性别意识,还是让他进男厕所冒险被潜在的儿童性骚扰者侵害?任凭她在办公室多么果断,作为母亲,她仍经常事后后悔自己当时的决定。

注视着我的这位漂亮的朋友,我想让她明确地知道,她最终会恢复到怀孕前的体重,但是她对自己的感觉已然不同。她现在视为如此重要的生命将随着孩子的诞生而变得不那么宝贵。为了救自己的孩子,她时刻愿意献出自己的生命。但她也开始希望多活一些年头,不是为了实现自己的梦想,而是为了看着孩子们美梦成真。

我想向朋友形容自己看到孩子学会击球时的喜悦之情。我想让她留意宝宝第一次触摸狗的绒毛时的捧腹大笑。我想让她品尝快乐,尽管这快乐真实得令人心痛。

朋友的表情让我意识到自己已经是热泪盈眶。“你永远不会后悔,”我最后说。然后紧紧地握住朋友的手,为她、为自己、也为每一位艰难跋涉、准备响应母亲职业神圣的召唤的平凡女性献上自己的祈祷
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

站点信息

站点统计| 举报| Archiver| 手机版| 小黑屋